Saturday, September 6, 2008

A nice reader's response & request for assistance relative to The Last Waltz.

Here is a very nice response from a reader of our blog & he has asked us & other The Band fans about a possible entire recording of The Last Waltz. We have guided him to various resources, such as Vintage Vinyl, The Band Guestbook & Rick Danko's frmr publicist Carol Caffin. If you have any input, please assist. On the standard market, Rhino's '02 four-dsic bookset is a close complete recording, but it excludes poetry readings by the Hells Angels & Richard Manuel's Georgia. The bootleg dvd The Lost Waltz is a fairly complete & more genuine non-Hollywood glitzy recording where you see & hear more (although in poor quality) recordings & experience more of what the concert was actually like. Thank you.


Plochmann,
First of all, allow me to say that I really enjoy your blog. There are so many great tidbits on there; as a big Band fan, I am constantly blown away by the material.
I have a question for you. Do you have a copy of The Complete Last Waltz (the soundboard recording that included "Georgia," "king Harvest," etc.)? If not, do you know where I can find one?
Richard Manuel is my favorite musician and I am absolutely dying to hear him do Georgia at the Last Waltz. I heard a clip once, about 20 seconds, and it made me cry. Richard has that effect on a lot of people though.
I hope to hear from you soon my friend.
-mike Pawlows


-Thanks, Mike, & good luck!

2 comments:

owenw405 said...

Mike, please contact me offline as I may be able to direct you towards a complete copy.

Anonymous said...

Ron, not sure how to get in touch with you; I don't see any e-mail addresses attached to your username. My e-mail is CSNY225@gmail.com. Feel free to shoot me a message or leave your e-mail here. thanks very much.