Thursday, May 15, 2008

Bob Margolin won blues award.

From the frmr Muddy Waters guitarist's website:

I am honored to have won the 2008 Blues Music Award for Best Instrumentalist - Guitar. I love the Blues and the guitar and it's gratifying to be complimented, but I'm well aware there are many fine pickers who should be appropriately recognized. The morning after the award show, I saw the heartbreakingly-talented Kid Ramos and he congratulated me. I responded that I felt the irony because I love his playing so much. He smiled and said, "It ain't a track meet, we all share it..." He is so right. My next two gigs were with Hubert Sumlin, who won the award the previous two years, and Hubert's inspirational creativity had my jaw dropping, my ears open, and my eyes on his fingers when we played together. I am honored... and humbled.

Congrats, Bob! -Mike & Kim

No comments: